Love !n Mot!on

Thandi means love and I AM love in motion.God's life breath, daughter, sister, student and Gods purpose defined and liberated daily.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Be careful who you idolise

I have been studing how people in general respond to music, they way of thinking and acting and it’s a fact; music is powerful and has an affect on you.

I have been recently reading the book by Eckhart Tolle. Which speaks a lot about the mind, our perception, experiences and the fact that those things are “content not essence of who you are.”


When my brother listens to the music of artists who promote things that are of no importance to true happiness and life, I cannot help but me frightened at what his consuming. What his perceiving and what his learning. Don’t get me wrong, I love Hip Hop and so forth; I just think it has moved away from what it was.


I understand and accept that in time things change and develop, sometimes for the bad ,while other for the good, but to have him listen to continues curses and guys with ‘grills’ just doesn’t go down well with me. But thank goodness for the musicians that “keep it real”
Music encompasses many artists that are idolised by the general public.


Be careful who you idolise, you can’t help but to set your standards according to that person or thing. It’s unconscious. I find myself having to re-educate myself and to be aware of my behaviour and the reason for it. It’s hard especially in the beginning, but as time goes by, it becomes a habit that is important to have in life.


“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”- Romans 12:2 (New International Version).
This verse reminds me to always LIVE LIFE and not just have a life that’s defined by the content of my life(the things and reputation I have obtained)

No comments:

Post a Comment