Love !n Mot!on

Thandi means love and I AM love in motion.God's life breath, daughter, sister, student and Gods purpose defined and liberated daily.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Insecurities

I had to perform a speech before the entire class. In the beginning I felt nervous and meditated on what other people would think about the speech, especially the judges.

I focused so much on what I thought and felt that I was frenzied by the moment. I forgot the simplicity of BEING, letting go and trusting in the very moment, in myself, in my knowledge and my hard work.

Once I had completed my speech, I felt a sense of relief and sadness. Mostly because the moment was over and I should have allowed myself to enjoy it a bit more, the preparing, the nerves etc.

Moral of the story, don’t allow your insecurities to hold you back. To rule over you, work through them and realise they don’t define you. They are not you. In fact they don’t even exist, they neither stable nor form.

Somehow this speech was a blessing in disguise because I was forced to deal with my insecurities, acknowledge and celebrate my talents and stop comparing.I won’t lie, this was challenging for me. I had to be truthful to myself. Being truthful to ones self is one of the most challenging yet liberating experience you’ll ever have.

So take the time to step back in your life and see things from all sides

No comments:

Post a Comment