Love !n Mot!on

Thandi means love and I AM love in motion.God's life breath, daughter, sister, student and Gods purpose defined and liberated daily.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Write your bucket list / 100 things to do before you die?

http://bucketlist-.tumblr.com/
There are a number of things that I would like to do before I die. Even though I don’t have a top 100 things I want to do before I die, I still have a top 60. In no particular order of importance, they are:

  1. Watch a comedy show filled with South Africans best comedians, Trevor Noah, David Kau, Kagiso Lediga, Riaad Moosa and Eugene Khoza.
  2. Stay in hotel (five star) just for nje.
  3. Go to Coffee Bay in the Eastern Cape.
  4. Learn how to surf when I get to Coffee Bay.
  5. Visit different provinces in South Africa for work.
  6. Visit different provinces in South Africa for a proper holiday.
  7. Stay in a B& B in these different provinces.
  8. Visit small dorpies (towns) in South Africa.
  9. Travel the world
  10. Visit art galleries in Belgium.
  11. See all the Impressionists (Claude Monet, Édouard Manet and Pierre- Auguste Renoir) artworks. 
  12. See Van Gogh’s artworks as well.
  13. I am not a fan of Cubism artwork, but I would like to see Pablo Picasso’s work.
  14. Learn photography
  15. Then create a mini exhibition based on photographs of my favourite places in Cape Town.  
  16. Go somewhere on a boat. The destination is not important; it is the journey that is.
  17. Go hiking in the mountains for an entire day.
  18. Go to Table Mountain. (I know, I know- this might be surprising but not all Capetonians have fully experienced the beauty of this province. I am one of them).
  19. On an extremely warm night, I want to sleep outside and become mesmerised by the stars and moon.
  20. Sky dive by the age of 25.
  21. Visit different museums around South Africa.
  22. Visit different aquariums around South Africa.
  23. Learn how to canoe for fun and do it.
  24. Learn to Tango in Spain.
  25. Learn to Samba in Brazil.
  26. Learn Ti Chi in China.
  27. Do Pilates. I enjoy yoga but I think Pilates would be good to do as well.
  28. I love the sound of a bass guitar so I want to learn how to play it.
  29. Do yoga in India.
  30. Watch ballet in the Mariinsky Theatre in Russia. 
  31. Watch opera in a theatre in France so that I can listen to lyrics I don’t understand but be emotionally moved. 
  32. Watch an interesting and thought provoking play.
  33. Go sand surfing again.
  34. Go quad biking again.
  35. Buy a beautiful cocktail dress just to have me go to the beach and swim in it. (Since ones life is not in the abundance of his possessions – Luke 12: 15).
  36.   Grow a mini library in my home.
  37. Go on a road trip to my favourite destinations in South Africa with 5 of my closest friends.
  38. I am yet to see Lauren Hill and Thandiswa Mazwai perform live, so I would like to go to their concerts.   
  39. Go to a gospel concert with artists or groups such as Kirk Franklin concert, Lusanda and Joyous Celebration.  
  40. Go to a “once-off” concert with legendary South African Maskandi musicians or artists and bands such as Letta Mbulu, Caiphus Semenya, Tsepo Tshola or Sankomota, Stimela and many more.
  41. My dad has taught me the love of music since I was in my mother’s womb. Therefore, I would love to go with him to a “once-off” concert with legendary musicians or bands like Tico Rico, Earl Klugh, Brook Benton, Andreas Vollenweider and many more.
  42. I would also like to watch a play with my dad based on the music from Peter Tosh, Marcus Garvey, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Eddie Harris, Bob James, Teddy Pendergrass and many more. 
  43. Buy my dad a 4x4
  44. Buy my mom a house
  45. Go to the Grahamstown Festival. 
  46. Improve my painting skills
  47. Improve my printing skills
  48. Go to the South Africa Fashion Week.
  49. Go to the African Fashion Week.
  50. Collect art pieces such as prints and paintings.
  51. To improve my cooking skills and learn different dishes, I want to take cooking classes.
  52. Take DIY (Do It Yourself) classes as well.
  53. Go to a poetry slam event.
  54. Join a small book club.
  55. Go to a Hip Hop Festival.
  56. Visit a book fair.
  57. Learn knitting.
  58. Learn beadwork.
  59. Go to at least one OppiKoppi music festival. 
  60. Dance in the rain....O wait, I have already done this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment